COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Guidance
We have been closely monitoring the outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and, following advice from the government, Public Health England and Elim among others, we are taking appropriate steps to ensure we keep our congregations, staff team, youth/children, connect groups, and hire/event attendees as safe as possible.
General Precautions now in place
These are some of the steps our church is now taking more widely to help prevent the spread of infection in all of our locations:
- We are closely monitoring updates from government, Public Health England and Elim in relation to our services and events.
- Currently our 10:00am Halesowen service is being live-streamed each Sunday and we’d love it if you could connect with us in this way.
- We have reduced office hours and have no volunteers helping in office.
- We do have volunteers helping on foodbank but are limiting household groups to reduce transmission.
- If you feel unwell and develop a cough and/or fever (temperature above 37.8 C), please stay away from the office and Owen House and call 111 for advice.
- We are asking all staff and equip team who are feeling unwell to stay away from the office until fully recovered (currently 14 days recommended). If you have concerns about your volunteering role, please contact your team leader or the church office on email@example.com or 0121 501 3542.
- We are encouraging Connect Groups to meet together on zoom only at the moment due to the current lockdown and will review this when guidance changes.
- We will try to connect with you as best we can via phone and online means.
- If you are feeling isolated and / or need supplies please call our office on 0121 501 3542.
- We are doing all we can to provide hand washing and sanitisation facilities at our offices for renters / hirers, staff, volunteers and equip who are in the buildings.
- We are being hyper vigilant in the preparation and handling of food for our foodbank.
- We advise you to follow the advice from our health services and government and to take all necessary measures to take care of yourselves.
- To help prevent the spread of infection, please follow general best practice as outlined by Public Health England.
If you have recently returned from abroad, or are planning travel, please ensure that you are following all foreign & Commonwealth Office advice.
We will do everything we can to connect with you and to help our community.